- LCS Foundation
LCS Foundation Names New Board Members and Officers
The LCS Foundation has appointed current board member Zane Bennett to serve as its board vice president and added industry veteran, and Life Care Services executive, Jill Sorenson, to serve a three-year term on its board of directors. The appointments were made during the LCS Foundation 2023 Annual Meeting, along with the renewal of terms for three current board members. The LCS Foundation is a not-for-profit charitable organization dedicated to supporting the senior living industry.
Bennett is the director of business development for LCS. Sorenson is a senior vice president/senior director of life plan communities for Life Care Services, An LCS Company. Sorenson replaced board member Brett Logan, senior vice president/managing director of life plan communities for Life Care Services, who rotated off the board after six years of service.
The following board members received a renewal of their board positions, and will serve for an additional three-year board term:
- Scott Doherty, VP/senior director of operations management, Life Care Services
- Joel Nelson, LCS CEO
- Rob Perry, VP/director of operations management, Life Care Services
The LCS Foundation was created by retired LCS CEO Ed Kenny to give back to the senior living industry. Its three pillars of focus include:
- Support Alzheimer’s care and research. Since its inception in 2017, the LCS Foundation has donated more than $750,000 to benefit the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Develop future leaders in the senior housing and care profession. The Foundation has awarded more than $525,000 for scholarships and professional development programs for those working towards a career in the senior living industry; and
- Support LCS employees through an Emergency Relief Fund (ERF) program. The Foundation has provided over $440,000 in ERFs to community-based employees and helped provide more than $500,000 to 274 employees impacted by Hurricane Ian.